VICE PRESIDENT, MUSIC LICENSING
Locations: New York
Do you like music? Are you interested in solving complex problems? At Dubset Media, you can be part of a growing team of talented engineers, music content experts, business teams, and thought leaders shaping the future of music licensing & distribution.
The Vice President of Licensing is responsible for engaging labels and publishers for the purpose of licensing their catalog(s) for use in mix and remix content uploaded to, and distributed by Dubset’s MixBANK platform.
- Identify labels and publishers establishing initial contact and relationship and providing education around the derivative rights space (as it relates to mixes and remixes) while getting label and publisher commitment to participate.
- Own day-to-day management of label and publisher relationships specifically assisting in licensing, catalog management, reporting, and royalty payments while ensuring member participation is within the compliance of the platform.
- Liaise with internal company Content Operations team to ensure mutual prioritization of prospects, and activation candidates. Ensure smooth handoff from Content Operation back to Member/Licensing team post catalog integration.
- Work with label members to develop special opportunities and projects around use of their catalogs.
- Provide leadership and direction to company Licensing Support team whose role is to provide a Label, Publisher Help Desk as well as manage contract/licensing administration.
- Provide input to Product Development team around label and publishing product enhancements and potential service offerings.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in label and/or publishing licensing, license negotiations, or rights management
- Extensive network of senior executives or licensing decision makers within the music label and/or publishing community
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of the electronic/dance music segment, mix and remix content creation preferred but not required
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Understanding of key digital music issues and trends in rights management, including derivative works and label and publisher relationships
- Experience supervising a team and third party vendors with an emphasis on developing and overseeing best practices and competitive licensing policies and procedures
- Self-motivated and highly organized with superlative communication skills
- 25-50% travel required, domestic and international
- Must have current Passport and be authorized to work in the United States
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume, LinkedIn profile,
and optional cover letter using the button below: